What are eyelash extensions? Eyelash extensions are synthetic silk strands of hair, individually attached to your natural eyelash using a special bonding agent. The extensions are applied approximately (1)mm away from the skin, never coming into contact with it. Learn how to grow and strengthen your natural eyelashes with Leah.
ImakeUpPlus Eyelashes provides a consultation, where the client and technician will customize your lashes before the service. Together we discuss your expectations and determine the type of lashes that are suited best for you and your lifestyle. The lashes are pre-curled and come in different lengths, thicknesses and colors. The procedure is very relaxing, never rushed; we work every set of lashes to perfection. The result is truly amazing and we promise you will love your new lashes!
Each set is customized to our client’s natural eye shape. The set chosen during the consultation depends on how many natural eyelashes you have. You then have the option to upgrade for a fuller set depending on your desired look.
- Classic set. Volume set and Russain set
- Diamond Set (100 pieces per eye)
- Black Diamond Set (120 pieces per eye)
- This procedure is no more damaging than applying mascara.
- Each application can take anywhere from 45 minutes for a touch-up to a little more than an hour for a new set (note: larger sets may require additional time)
- On average based on after-care, lash extensions have the potential lifespan of 3-6 weeks.
- We recommend coming in for a touch-up every two week to maintain fullness. The majority of our clients come in weekly, much like getting a manicure.
- Remember, your natural lashes experience a life-cycle and replenish every day. We carry non-prescription products to enhance and keep your natural lashes healthy.
Eyelashes Extension after Care
- BEFORE YOUR APPOINTMENT:
- Although this procedure is no more damaging to applying mascara, we urge you to check with your doctor first for allergies, especially if you have a history of eye disease.
- Remove all eye make-up and clean your lashes with a mild, oil-free cleanser. Do NOT use oil-based make up removers.
- Do NOT apply mascara; Removal takes additional time.
- Do NOT curl your lashes.
- Contact lenses must be removed prior to procedure.
- We suggest bringing a personal music player. This is a relaxing, sleep inducing beauty treatment. Talking should be kept to a minimum, as this procedure requires optimum precision. Relaxed facial muscles ensure maximum results in minimal time.
AFTER YOUR LASH APPOINTMENT:
- Now that you have an amazing set of eyelash extensions, it’s up to you to maintain them. Following the below maintenance guidelines will help keep them looking fresh and increase longevity.
- Avoid getting your new lashes wet for the at least 6 hours after application.
- Avoid extreme heat, swimming, steam rooms and hot saunas for the next 48-72 hours.
- Do not use oil-based products, eyelash curlers, perm or tint the lash extensions; This will break the bond.
- Mascara will dissolve the adhesive, but if you simply must use mascara for a special occasion and such, use only water-based mascara.
- Gently remove eye makeup with oil-free cleansers.
- Avoid rubbing your eyes and do not attempt to pull off loose lash extensions.
- After you shower, gently pat your lashes dry with tissue and use an eyelash comb to groom any stray lashes, carefully and gently, only when needed.
- DO NOT attempt to remove your lash extensions yourself. Let them fall out naturally or let us professionally remove them with a special remover.